Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Way - Piano Tutorial

The lyrics of "My Way" tell the story of a man who is nearing death, and introspectively looks back at his life whilst fictionally speaking to a friend who is sitting next to him.

The man's personality as described in the song involves a strong-willed, confident and determined man who is not reliant on others to progress further through life. He is happy with how his life has turned out, and what he has achieved; he acknowledges that he too has regrets and has suffered sadness. However, he remains upbeat and amused that he has made it this far:

"And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing...

To think, I did all that, and may I say, not in a shy way

Oh no, oh no not me, I did it my way"

Frank Sinatra's 1969 album My Way, "My Way" was at first a modest hit for Sinatra in the United States, reaching number 27 on the Billboard Hot 100 pop singles chart in spring and early summer 1969. However it fared better on the Adult Contemporary chart, reaching number 2.

In the United Kingdom, "My Way" was a more immediate hit, reaching number 5 on the UK Singles Chart in Spring 1969 and becoming the year's best-selling single there. Remarkably, the Sinatra "My Way" then re-entered the singles chart six more times during 1970 and 1971, achieving placements between numbers 18 and 39.

In all this "My Way" holds the UK Singles Chart record for most total weeks on the chart, across all these runs.Even beyond chart performance, Sinatra's recording of "My Way" had staying power, and soon became the signature song for the latter stage of his career, even though according to his daughter Tina, "he always thought that song was self-serving and self-indulgent."[1] It was the closing number on his 1974 concert document The Main Event - Live and is also featured as the penultimate song on his Live from Las Vegas 1986 performance. A DVD of a 1978 Vegas performance of it is included in the Sinatra: Vegas collection.

Sinatra also duetted the song with two performers in the last years before his death: Luciano Pavarotti (released on the album Sinatra 80th: Live In Concert) and Willie Nelson (recorded for the Duets series in the mid-1990s but not released until 2005 in the Collector's Edition Set). Both recordings use the same Sinatra vocal and instrumental track.

The streaming video tutorial can be viewed at address:http://www.bithear.com/index.php/Piano-Tutorials/My-Way.html

Starting from 12 years old studying in Yamaha Music Foundation majoring Electone music instrument and finished after 5 years, I directly moved on intermediate level in piano instruments to learn more about classic, pop, and jazz.

I began my first international concert in Auckland, New Zealand in front of Governor of Auckland in January 1992 as participant from Indonesia in International Festival of Genuine Culture Exchage - Rotorua, New Zealand. I played many traditional music instruments from Indonesia like Angklung, Calung, and Seruling before finally got on stage to play Indonesia's traditional songs in Piano.

Website: http://www.bithear.com


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?