Wednesday, June 25, 2008

DJ Beginner - 3 Tips to the Top

I remember eight years ago when I first decided to get fully involved in DJing. There were a
number of things that were going through my head at the time. A few concerns and thoughts
were things like... "How do I raise cash for this hobby?", "How am I going to learn how to
use the equipment?", "How will I promote myself as a DJ?" etc etc... In this article I want
to talk about 3 tips for the DJ beginner and what they need to know to succeed as a DJ.

So lets talk about the these tips and what they can do for you to make it to the top.

Tip 1. Have a broad knowledge of music!

This is especially true if you are looking to get work outside of a particular niche and go
all out universal. By going Universal, you have more opportunities for work in different
areas whether its DJing at weddings, 21st birthday parties, Product launch events or
whatever! I'm not saying you have to pick up on this point, its just good to have a broad
knowledge of music.

Tip 2. Identify an image for yourself

What I mean by this is create a brand for yourself. Create an image that reflects your music.
The more you can do this the more sell able you make yourself and the more professional you
will present yourself in front of music promoters, record labels etc. You wont be consider as
the average Joe DJ that comes in and plays music. Branding yourself with create buzz and
professionalism for you.

Tip 3. Don't stay out to late.

It is very common these days for DJ's in certain niches of music to stay out late after they have done their job in the club. This is especially true for DJ's who play in the dance music genre. It is all too easy for a DJ to find themselves approached by someone inviting them back to an after party. If you do this you will end up burning yourself out very quickly and this will have a damaging effect on you. So its advised to take this tip seriously if you are a beginner DJ. Believe me, experience has taught me so!

These are just a few tips I wanted to share with you if you are a beginner DJ. I hope you take these into account.

Yo DJ...Are you a beginner DJ? Want to learn skills like scratching mixing etc? Tired of searching the net for tutorials that give away limited info? Want to learn from a proven method that has helped hundreds if not thousands of beginner/intermediate DJs? Then please visit DJ Beginner, or visit http://www.musicinstrumentreview.info


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?